We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and any other applicable privacy laws.
Who We Are
The Miniature Scene of York is an independent retail business specialising in 1/12th scale Dolls House miniatures, accessories and related products. It is run solely by ourselves, Graham and Lynda Barlow trading five days per week from a stall on the York Shambles Market and through our website www.miniaturescene.com open 24/7. Our office address is 38A Fossgate, York, North Yorkshire. The Miniature Scene of York is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office.
Information We Collect
- Information about the device used to access and usage including your IP address, location, browser, referral, length of visit, page views and navigation.
- Information relating to any goods added to your basket and / or purchased.
- Details provided during registration and / or placing an order including your first name, last name, email address, password, phone number, billing address, delivery address and payment details.
- Any other personal information you choose to send to us.
How Information Is Used
We use the information we collect to:
- Make our products and services available to you.
- Personalise your shopping experience.
- Process an order made through our website.
- Analyse usage data via a third party to whom we disclose anonymous usage data. We use Google Inc. (http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/) to analyse usage data.
- Collect payment via a third party to whom we disclose your contact and payment details.
- Deliver goods ordered via a third party to whom we disclose your contact details. We use Royal Mail plc (http://www.royalmail.com/privacy-policy) and UK Mail Ltd (https://www.ukmail.com/information/terms-conditions). We also use DPD UK LTD (http://www.dpd.co.uk/privacy_policy.jsp)
- If you have opted for us to do so, contact you about our products and services via our newsletters.
- Internal accounting and reporting purposes.
How do we store your information?
- The Miniature Scene of York adopts industry best practices to store your information securely.
- We will retain any information collected indefinitely but never for longer than is necessary. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation.
- Details that are saved to your account or used to place an order they may be stored for up to 1 year.
Responsibility to Young People
We will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18 years. If you are under the age of 18 years, you must not use the website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of and are supervised by a parent or guardian.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
· To ask what personal information we hold about you, subject to the relevant fee at the time specified by law.
· To ask us to update or correct any incorrect personal information we hold about you.
· To opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page when using our website to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
Last updated May 2018.